Seth Thomas of Basho introduce you to Riak. Riak is an open source, highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed database. Different than traditional relational databases and other “NoSQL” non-relational databases — Riak offers a number of unique benefits to users:
* Riak is built to operate in highly distributed environments, such as the cloud.
* Riak is master-less; it has no single point of failure.
* Riak is highly fault-tolerant due to its distributed nature. This means you can lose access to many Riak nodes, but never lose data.
* Riak makes data highly available for use in read and write-intensive web applications.
* Riak scales simply and intelligently, simply add a node to a cluster, with no downtime.
* Riak is incredibly stable; many see Riak as the “building blocks” of a cloud data infrastructure.
* Riak’s elegantly simple design makes for a lower cost of operations.
Video Producer: Austin NoSQL