Paul Berry, Chief Technical Officer of the HuffingtonPost presenting strategies for survival under high-traffic on a MySQL database along with Jim Bartus, HuffingtonPost Lead System Administrator.
Some of the topics that Paul and Jim tackle are:
* Staying available to the end-users during system outages
* MySQL clustering, master-slave architecture and load balancing
* Strategies to minimize seconds-behind-master (SBM) time on slaves
* Using stats to find and fix bottlenecks
* Caching layer implementation
* Rolling out system upgrades